Got stuck inside your home? Feeling lonely? You are not alone. We are in this together. We are here to help each other.
For those not living alone:
Some of you grumbling that you feel lonely and irritated even when you are living with your family/friends. Have you ever thought about the people who are living all alone during this lockdown?
People complaining that they have to take care of their household work, their children, their parents, their family members and their job. I can understand that it is difficult to manage especially during this lockdown.
But, you have someone around you
- to take care of you when you are not feeling well
- to pat on your back and say “I am there for you”.
- to rest your head on their shoulder
- to accompany you while sipping a cup of Joe
- to laugh with you
- to cry with you
- to smile at you
- to console you
You have some people around you to feel the sense of happiness that you are doing everything for your loved ones
You might get tired physically but you won’t get mentally affected since you have the happiness around you. Start showing some gratitude for that instead of moaning.
For those living alone:
It is pretty much understood that it is difficult to live alone during this critical time. You might not have anyone to give you that mental support you need and it is much easier to get demotivated, getting stressed and getting depressed.
Things might get difficult day by day. You might be losing focus on your work, studies. You might be losing interest in the things which you were interested in the past. Listen to your mind and body always. In case, if you are seeing any symptoms of depression, please feel free to consult a specialist online.
Things to do to get rid of this loneliness
- Social distancing means only the physical distance., you can still make a call to someone whom you love and keep talking for hours
- Keep the windows or doors open for some time to let that sunlight in
- Do some exercise to help your body to circulate the blood
- Feeling lazy to do exercise? Just do jumping jacks or go for a walk. Don’t forget to wear a mask and use sanitiser while going for a walk.
- Start journaling. Write whatever you want. Go with the flow of your mind. Don’t worry about how messy and unorganized your thoughts are. Try not to read it after you have written. Just keep writing until your mind gets cleared.
- Play brain games like puzzles, sudoku, word games to keep your brain active
- Listen to motivating or lifestyle podcasts
- Clear the history in youtube. Unsubscribe to any channel which has a negative impact on your mental health.
- Do subscribe and start watching motivating youtube channels with positive vibes.
- Be active in social media. Try not to share your sad part of life in social media.
- Have a good amount of sleep
- Cook tasty, healthy meals
- Binge-watch your favourite shows/movies. Don’t have any favourites? Still, you can watch any of them and make it your favourite.
- Clean the house
- Do some aromatherapy. Light some scented candles in the evening and enjoy your cup of coffee with yourself.
- Start listening to your favourite songs
- Do online window shopping
- You don’t need to be an artist to draw or paint. Just draw what you want and colour it as you like. No one will see that. Because literally no one is there to see that
- Engage yourself in some hobbies
- Enrol yourself in online courses for learning something new
If you have tried all of this and still feeling down and depressed. Not feeling happy to do the things which you felt so happy to do in your past? You might be in depression. Don’t be late to consult a specialist online. Every problem can be resolved. You can get through this difficult time. You deserve to be happy. You deserve to enjoy your life.
“You are not alone. We are all in this together. We are here to help each other.”
“Be happy. Stay strong both physically and mentally. Stay Awesome”